27 March, 2006

Things that make you say hmmmm

This just in...some exciting news on the home front: Rachel is now an officially published photographer {cheering in the background}. The Department for Environmental Quality is going to be using one of my pictures in their national newsletter. Seemingly insignificant, but out of the 124,000 photos that are submitted for each edition mine was picked. Not to shabby I'd say. Work is good, but crazy, I'm leaving today for a 3 day grant writing workshop (part of a 3 session class) in Broken Bow, NE. Not exactly a garden spot, but I'm paying them $500 to teach me how to do this, so I guess I will go wherever they say to go. So if any of you need grants (after may cause that's when the class ends) you can let me know and I will hook you up! Not that its really that big of a deal, but I was voted onto the Board of Directors for a non profit organization in Chadron that deals with noxious weeds. Not super stimulating all the time, but it does make me a director, and I get a per deim and everything.
One of my friends has a job setting up a website for nationwide for their Life comes at you fast campaign. It is linked to a billboard in time square. So yes, a picture of me and my best friend is going to be 50 feet tall in Time Square. I think I'm gonna just pretend he didn't do that to me lol. Just FYI the picture of Toby, Jared, Tanis and I with the Red Robin bird was a close runner up! Maybe next time ;-)

1 comment:

Toby said...

Wahoo! Congrats on the picture. Very cool! Also, cool about the grant workshop, but if you're paying them $500, shouldn't you decide where it's going to be? Tell them to have it in Greeley, so you can visit. Also also, congrats on the noxious weed thing, I think. Just as long as the board doesn't have to sniff noxious weeds all day, I'll assume that it is a good thing! Also also also, you should definitely have them put the Red Robin pic up on the billboard. That's a pretty kick ass picture.