05 July, 2006

Pretty good holiday

I hope everyone had a really great 4th of July! Mine was actually really good. I got to ride on a Percheron (really big draft horses, like the Budwieser horses) in the Parade in Crawford, NE. That was great. He's about 19 hands tall, so when I stood next to him I was basically looking at the middle of his stomach, and really wide. I am a little saddle sore today, it was kind of like doing the splits for 3 hours heehee, but totally worth it! The picture is almost exactly the height (he's a little taller) and build of the Percheron that I rode in the parade
I also went to an art show and managed to talk myself into buying a $400 original oil painting. Its gorgeous and as soon as I have a picture of it I'll post it so you can see my new buy! I really really couldn't resist. The artist's name is Ron Nordyke, and as soon as his website is working again I'll put that up here too! He's even going to let me make payments on it so that the price tag doesn't infringe upon me buying it heehee.

No comments: